Burnley and District Amateur Radio Club
Burnley and District Amateur Radio Club
c/o Higham Village Hall
Higham Hall Road
Controllers of Information
Personal information provided by you or gathered by us is controlled by Burnley and District Amateur Radio Club. The postal address is c/o Higham Village Hall, Higham Hall Road, Higham, BB12 9EU. The Membership Secretary (responsible for data protection compliance) is: Michael Moore. Email – email@example.com
Processing of Information
What information do we collect?
Information (data) is collected from members of our club. Data is also obtained from those sitting an exam at the club.
How do we use it?
- We use data to notify members of the public and club members of news, information and updates. This may include telephone contact, SMS, email or physical mail distribution.
- We use data to comply with RSGB/OFCOM requirements when applying for examination papers on behalf of candidates undertaking an exam.
Legal basis for processing your data:
We undertake the activities described above with your consent.
What we do with the information that we collect?:
- We will not put any information about you in the public domain without your prior consent.
- We will not sell, exchange or transfer such information to third parties, without your prior consent, and
- We will not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
Children below the age of 18
- Written parental consent is required for children under the age of 18 who engage in Burnley and District Amateur Radio Club and outside events.
- No child will be left unsupervised at a Burnley and District Amateur Radio Club event and a designated and verified DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) person will be available.
- RSGB examinations for persons under the age of 16 require written parental or guardian endorsement, via a signature on a specific candidate application form. A DBS member will be attendance.
Retention of data
We collect personal information for specific purposes and comply with specific legal requirements:
- We endeavour to collect only the personal information required for those purposes.
- After that purpose(s) has been accomplished and if the personal information is no longer required, we will anonymise your data by removing any identifiable information or erase it.
You have the right to request at reasonable intervals, access to the personal information we hold about you. Please refer any access request to firstname.lastname@example.org
When requesting access to your personal data, provide as much detail as possible about what personal data you would like access to and include in the subject line that it regards an access request. For complying with your access request, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity plus some additional information.
If you so choose you may request us to:
- Rectify, erase or block the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up-to-date
- Stop processing your personal data if the further processing would be in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
You have a right to information about how we are processing information about you. We have an obligation to process only the minimum of data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. We must do this in a fair, lawful and transparent manner. This privacy notice fulfils our obligations to provide you with information but you should contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
You have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK who can be contacted here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Questions regarding your privacy?
We are happy to discuss privacy and data protection with you. You may contact our Club Secretary on email@example.com
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the Internet and we do not accept any responsibility for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
Applicable data protection law
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to more stringent data protection legislation please refrain from using this website or any of our other services.
Changes to this notice:
We might periodically change this privacy notice. If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post those changes on our website. We therefore recommend you re-visit the website periodically to check for changes.
V1 M0MMD 23/5/18